Please note that all requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks to 1 month in advance, depending on project requirements (see project descriptions below). Reservations submitted prior to this time frame are not guaranteed a reservation within the CLASS Center. Users from outside the GW community, please email the CLASS Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidelines on reserving and utilizing the space.
- Conference Rooms may only be reserved in support of simulated projects.
- Exam Rooms can be reserved in conjunction with a simulation event or for individual learner practice.
- Non-human simulation education rooms require special access and can only be reserved in conjunction with a simulation event.
- Keep your personal belongings with you at all times or lock them in the provided lockers (We are not responsible for any lost/stolen items)
- If you must rearrange the room for a project, return the equipment and supplies to the original order.
- Food/beverages are not allowed within the exam rooms and non-human simulation education rooms.
Human-Based Simulation (SP) Projects:
- SPs can be requested - with 30 days advance notice - between the hours of 8am-6pm, Mon - Fri (availability can be adjusted to meet specific project needs).
- SPs are paid for a minimum of 4 hours; therefore the SP/learner encounters must last a minimum of 4 hours (including a 1-hour SP preparation session), or programs will be responsible for the additional cost.
- Cases must be written no later than one month prior to the first day of the SP project, or the project is subject to cancellation.
- When recording, the list of students must be provided to the SP Educator at least 1 week before the first day of the SP Project. If you want to record students who are not already in the system, please email us at email@example.com, and the B-Line Template will be sent to you to complete.
- If you need to cancel an SP Project, the cancellation must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 business hours (Monday-Friday) before the first day of the project. Departments who do not give a 48 hour notice will be charged for the SP time (# of SPs x # of hours booked x SP rate of pay) and any equipment/supply costs.
- In order to keep the CLASS Center presentable at all times, dispose of your trash before you leave and place used linen in the hamper.
- Outside clients will need to contract with the Center for SP Projects. Outside clients should request time within the Center for SP projects at least 3 months in advance in order to allow adequate time to create and confirm the contract. To discuss possible dates and project needs, email email@example.com.
Non-Human Based Simulation Projects:
- Complete the CLASS Center Reservation Form at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email. You will not be guaranteed the rooms unless you have received communication from the CLASS Center staff.
- Utilize only the simulators that were requested on the CLASS Center Reservation Form and that have been set out for you.
- Upon entering, do not touch any of the simulators unless instructed to do so. Many of the simulators are already set up for upcoming sessions.
- Many of the simulators require specific materials.
- Substitution of these materials may cause damage to the simulators.
- Only sharps (i.e. needles, blades, etc) can be placed in the sharps containers. Trash such as gloves, gauze, and other items are NOT to be thrown away in these containers.
- Notify a Simulation Educator or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about any damages to any of the simulators.
- Training in the use of defibrillation/cardioversion or electrical pacing is conducted only by ACLS trained physicians, at the discretion of Simulation Director and the simulation center staff. The lowest possible energy levels should always be used.
- Do not bring food or drinks into the Simulation Center.
- Use simulators only in accordance with simulator users’ manuals provided by the manufacturer. These are available in the CLASS Center. The Simulation Educators are available to assist you in operations.
- At the end of your session, make sure that all garbage is disposed of in the appropriate containers (see above).
- Make sure that all simulators are cleaned up and left as they were found, i.e. cleaning up and “blood” or other liquids that may have spilled during usage.
- All items are to remain in the CLASS Center unless otherwise authorized. No items may be removed without prior consent from the CLASS Center faculty and staff.
- Simulators and models may be reserved only by persons who have been trained to use them. If you need training contact the CLASS Center at least two weeks prior to your event.
- Consecutive session cancellations of a recurring project without 48 business hours (Monday-Friday) notice will result in cancellation of remaining sessions within that project.